VIDEO COMING SOON*
Before you get your hands messy:
- Grab a chopping board to work on and a small bowl of water.
- Get your clay pouch + tools ready
Whenever we mention:
- Score: use your pointy tool to etch small lines into each surface to be joined.
- Slip: dip your finger in the water and apply a little amount to your scored lines.
Kit used in this tutorial here.
1. Squeeze the clay and model it in your hands to warm it up. Roll into a smooth round ball.
2. Use your thumb, create a small hole in the centre of your ball and press down to about halfway.
3. Rotate the ball in your hand, making small pinches between thumb and fingers, and gradually form the fish's hollow tummy.
4. Form a top fin by gently squeezing upwards until you get the shape you want.
5. Make the gills by gently pushing your thumb, or using a flat tool, into the sides of the fish.
6. Make the tail by slowly stretching out the clay to the shape you want. You can use your wet sponge to go over any areas you want smooth.
7. Roll two small balls of clay to make eyes. Using your pointy tool, scratch some lines where you want your fish eyes to go, and on a small area on the fish eyes.
8. Dip your fingers in the water and wet the scratched areas where the fish eyes are going. Press the eyes in place.
9. Option to add a tongue or anything you'd like.
10.Let your fish dry for at least 48 hours
11. Decorate with the paints in your kits. Let paint dry, then seal with the sealer provided.
We'd love your help with our purpose to introduce more play into everyone's day. Share your kit, creation process, or finished shape on your stories or feed - tag @modeletto.store, so we can re-share.